Are you senior incident response consultant looking to move into leading a team?
Do you want more autonomy as the highest authority for incident response in the business?
This leading international defence contractor need a naturally curious, professionally paranoid, and tenacious lead incident response consultant to run their CIRT. Sitting within the Bristol-based SOC you’ll provide thorough technical investigations of escalated incidents for high profile Government, Military, and Civilian clients.
What you’ll be doing:
• Reacting to, managing and mitigating cyber security incidents for clients
• Running the day to day operations of the CIRT
• Operating as the highest point of escalation for incident response
• Capturing, analysing, and reporting intelligence and evidence during an investigation
• Researching new and improved ways to detect and respond to ever developing threats
• Championing and promoting the CIRT solutions and services to internal and external clients
• Providing consultative client support in the event of a confirmed incident, either remotely or on-site
• Advising clients on best practice for mitigating and responding to incidents
What you’ll have:
• Proven experience handling incidents for enterprise level clients
• Client facing experience, ideally in bidding for and winning engagements
• A creative and solutions focused mindset, constantly looking for improvement
• Knowledge of networking and routing protocols such as TCP/IP, services such as DNS/SMTP and how they interact
• Threat hunting experience
• Practical programming skills with scripts like Python or PowerShell
• Investigations experience including digital forensics
• SC or higher clearance is needed, so bonus points if you already have it
What you’ll get:
• Real autonomy, this will be your team to lead your way
• The chance to work with top clients in the public and private sector in a high tempo environment
• Great L&D support, constant development is key in this world
• Flexible working to help with the all-important work/life balance
• Reserve forces support, including extra time off
• Shops and restaurants on site, plus great employee discount schemes
• An attractive relocation package to make the move even easier
Given the sensitive nature of the role and clients SC clearance will be required. Please only apply if you are willing to be cleared to SC level.