Cyber Incident Response Analyst - Bristol
Adeptis Group is partnered with a world-class advanced engineering company, specialising in aerospace, defence & security.
We are on the hunt for an Incident Response Analyst talented in host forensics and malware analysis, who is looking for their next challenge and wants to be part of a leading and highly recognised security team working on nation-state level assignments.
The company is looking for creative thinkers who have a passion for applying technology to solve real-world problems as well as focusing on understanding the customers' business, building trust and providing cyber security expertise.
This role would ideally suit a well-versed incident responder, malware analyst or digital forensics investigator with experience of conducting investigations and threat hunting.
What will you do:
- Support the delivery of all Cyber Incident Response services to a vast and high profile client base
- Provide subject matter expertise in malware analysis for threat intelligence or during an ongoing incident
- Advise clients on how to best respond to any given incident.
- Helping clients to implement mitigation measures to help limit future incidents
- Developing threat intelligence such as the creation of YARA, OpenIOC and Snort signatures from the analysis of malware samples and output of incident investigations
What do you need:
- Understanding of how malware works and experience in ripping it apart to understand capabilities
- Sound knowledge of host-based investigations including digital forensic principles and practices
- Ability to create YARA, OpenIOC and Snort signatures
- Some experience in writing scripts in languages such as Python, PowerShell and Bash.
- Excellent understanding of the inner workings of Windows Operating Systems
Nice to have's:
- Knowledge of Cyber Threat Intelligence creation, management and use
- Experience in helping to win commercial bids and delivering technical services
Though these are home-based positions candidates must be currently eligible to live or work in Europe to be considered for these positions as we are unable to offer sponsorship.
Due to the nature of work applicants must be able and willing to undergo SC Level Clearance.
Adeptis Group, the Global Leader in Cyber Security Staffing.