Cyber Incident Response Analyst
Are you an experienced cyber incident responder looking to work with exciting, new high-profile clients?
Or perhaps you're in a digital forensics or event analyst role with experience in enterprise level investigations and threat hunting?
Maybe you're used to a Red Team environment and want to have a more consultative input
This leading international defence contractor need a naturally curious, professionally paranoid, and tenacious Cyber Incident Response Analyst to join play a key role in their CIRT. Sitting within the Bristol-based SOC you'll provide thorough technical investigations of escalated incidents for high profile Government, Military, and Civilian clients.
What you'll be doing:
- Reacting to, managing and mitigating cyber security incidents for clients
- Thoroughly investigating alerts escalated by the SOC, working with law enforcement agencies where appropriate
- Capturing, analysing, and reporting intelligence and evidence during an investigation
- Researching new and improved ways to detect and respond to ever developing threats
- Creating YARA, OpenIOC, and Snort signatures
- Providing consultative client support in the event of a confirmed incident, either remotely or on-site
- Advising clients on best practice for avoiding or handling future incidents
- Acting as an SME in malware analysis
What you'll have:
- In depth understanding of malware, how it works, and how to draw out intelligence
- Excellent report writing skills
- Experience creating YARA, OpenIOC, and Snort signatures
- Knowledge of networking and routing protocols such as TCP/IP, services such as DNS/SMTP and how they interact
- Threat hunting experience
- Practical programming skills with scripts like Python or PowerShell
- Investigations experience including digital forensics
- SC or higher clearance is needed, so bonus points if you already have it
What you'll get:
- The chance to work with top clients in the public and private sector in a high tempo environment
- Great L&D support, constant development is key in this world
- Flexible working to help with the all-important work/life balance
- Reserve forces support, including extra time off
- Shops and restaurants on site, plus great employee discount schemes
- An attractive relocation package to make the move even easier
Given the sensitive nature of the role and clients SC clearance will be required. Please only apply if you are willing to be cleared to SC level.
Click "Apply" now, or for more information please contact Sam Chamberlain at Adeptis Group on +44 (0) 1273 855350 or s.chamberlain(at)adeptisgroup.com
Adeptis Group - Global Leader in Cyber Security Recruitment