Cyber Incident Response Analyst - Bristol
Adeptis Group has an exciting opportunity for a Cyber Incident Response Analyst to join an international defence contractor situated in Bristol, they are an advanced engineering firm specialising in aerospace, defence and security.
Successful candidates will be working in a specialised engineering team, working across multiple active projects and responsible for constructing secure information systems for customers in defence, government and public sector organisations.
On offer is the chance to work on a breadth of interesting challenges.
- Investigate alerts from security appliances from client infrastructure
- Act as the SME in malware analysis for threat intelligence or during an ongoing incident
- Advise clients on how to best respond to any given incident, from boardroom to junior colleagues
- Advise clients on how to best implement mitigation measures which might prevent or limit future incidents
- Conducting threat hunting across available security devices and through operating system native or custom tooling and capability
- Reporting directly to the Senior Cyber Incident Response Analyst, supporting the professional delivery of all Cyber Incident Response services
The ideal candidate will:
- Excellent knowledge of the inner workings of Windows Operating Systems
- Excellent knowledge/understanding of malware capabilities and the ability of seek out actionable threat intelligence
- Excellent knowledge of host-based investigations including digital forensic principles and practices
- Have an understanding
- Fundamental knowledge of common networking & routing protocols (e.g. TCP/IP), services (e.g. TLS, DNS, SMTP)
- Practical programming knowledge or experience in writing scripts in languages such as Python, PowerShell and Bash.
Candidates must be eligible to attain SC clearance, so we will not be able to accept application from candidates that require sponsorship.
If you possess these skills and meet the above criteria, please apply here, or for more information please call Kai direct on: 01273 855350, alternatively e-mail: [email protected]
Adeptis Group, the Global Leader in Cyber Security staffing.