Junior SOC Analyst - Bristol |£25k - £30k
Adeptis Group are working with a large professional services company with a European presence located in Bristol, they are looking to bring in 4 Level 1 SOC analysts. This would be well suited to candidates who are looking to take their first role within Cyber Security.
The SOC Analyst is responsible for the monitoring of security incidents, and then using knowledge of attack types and standard protocol behaviour to classify incidents, comment, and provide advice on mitigation or remedial actions to the client.
They are looking for candidates that have a passion for cyber security. The company is looking to build out their SOC function, on offer is the chance to work with different types of technology, with excellent opportunities for progression.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from a range of security devices
- Provide Incident Response support when analysis confirms actionable incident
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services
- Monitor threat & vulnerability news services for any relevant information that may impact installed infrastructure
- Participate in compliance/vulnerability assessment scanning, and develop mitigation and remediation plans from the assessment findings
- Analyse and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (firewall, SIEM and intrusion detection/prevention systems, vulnerability scanners, etc.)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- A good background with network troubleshooting and technologies; Firewall configuration, monitoring, network packet capture (tcpdump/Wireshark)
- Excellent understanding of commonly used Internet protocols such as SMTP, HTTP, and DNS
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanour
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain Security Clearance
Candidates must be currently eligible to live or work in the UK to be considered for this position as we are unable to offer sponsorship.
If you possess these skills and meet the above criteria, please apply here, or for more information please call Kai direct on: 01273 855350, alternatively e-mail: [email protected]
Adeptis Group, the Global Leader in Cyber Security staffing.