Network Engineer - Bristol
Adeptis Group is looking for an experienced Network Engineer, in Bristol, UK, on behalf of a world-class advance engineering company, specializing in aerospace, defence & security to expand their Cyber Division.
As part of their Enterprise Security team, your role will be designing and building modern infrastructure systems into defence, government and public sector organisations. Our client is currently looking for a Network Engineer with a creative mind and a passion for technology. They are offering you an opportunity not only to be part of a talented and supportive team but also to be able to accelerate your career and to increase your responsibilities.
What will you do:
- Work with multiple network and systems infrastructure technologies lifecycle phases (design, implementation and customer facing testing)
- Understand the customer's needs to achieve the requirements
- Expand a HLD into a LLD using your experience and judgement
- Select the best tools, products and approaches for each project
- Create systems engineering documentation to give guidance for the delivery and maintenance
- Mentor, guide and deliver technical support to the business unit
- Work with vendors and resellers to develop detailed solutions
What do you need:
- Previous experience in working with Network design (HLD and LLD level of detail)
- Strong knowledge in network security technologies
- Knowledge in Cyber security concepts and fundamentals
- Knowledge in network taps and traffic aggregation (wireshark or tcpdump, physically inline proxy or firewall or IPS deployment, policy-based routing, SPAN or RSPAN or ERSPAN configuration (advanced knowledge is a plus e.g: Netscout or VSS or Gigamon, etc)
- Previous experience in Design and implementation using IPSec VPN, OSPF, NTP, RADIUS and SNMP
- Previous and consolidated experience in at least one Next Generation Firewall, e.g: Palo Alto, Fortinet Juniper
- Previous experience in working with engineering lifecycle systems in large projects
- Previous experience in working with secure systems architecture design concepts; Cisco Firepower or similar; cyber security tools (RSA Netwitness, Nessus, Kali Linux, Security Onion, etc) and Cryptography, PKI technologies (plus)
- Qualifications in CCNP or JNCIS level (plus)
- Fully support and encouragement to maximise your potential
- 25 days holidays and 8 bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation package to support your move to Bristol
- Employee discounts (retail, cinema, hotels and vehicles)
- Other great benefits regarding pension, childcare, reserve forces and career break
Due to the nature of work, applicants must be able and willing to undergo SC Level Clearance.
Ability to travel within the UK and abroad.
For more information, call Inês Vieira at Adeptis Group on +44 (0) 2033 013 792.
Apply here or send your CV to [email protected]
Adeptis Group, the Global Leader in Cyber Security staffing.