Snr Firewall Engineer – USA – Remote
Our client, a dynamic fast growing Managed Security Service Provider is looking to expand their network security team. They are looking for a driven, self-motivated and self-directed Network Security Professional to handle a variety of firewall functions. Applicants should be proficient with various firewall vendors and have working knowledge of command line interfaces to configure and troubleshooting security endpoints.
- Staging firewalls for deployment to customer locations.
- Converting existing running configurations to adapt to our technology.
- Build new policies based on client needs and following data security best practices.
- Performance of periodic firewall policy and rule reviews for clients.
- Respond to device outages.
- Respond and escalation of identified security issues.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate experience with SonicWall, Cisco (ASA and MERAKI) Firewalls and UTMs.
All skills required below are mandatory for Fortinet Firewalls as it is the primary focus. However, there are occasions where they will take control of other Firewall Brands and there must be a general knowledge of all.
- 5-10 year’s experience Fortinet Firewall Administration.
- Demonstrate the ability to configure, implement and troubleshoot a variety of firewall brands.
- Experience configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting VPN tunnels (IPSec, SSL,Point to Point).
- Fortinet NSE Training and Passing Certificates for NSE 1-5.
- FortiAnalyzer, FortiManager experience is essential.
Job Type: Full-time Schedule changes based on need. Evening and weekends are required during on call rotations.
After a phone interview, candidates will submit to an interactive practical exam to demonstrate level of skill.