Systems Engineer - Mons
Adeptis Group has an exciting opportunity for a systems engineer to join an international defence contractor situated in Bristol, they are an advanced engineering firm specialising in aerospace, defence and security.
Successful candidates will be working in a specialised engineering team, working across multiple active projects and responsible for constructing secure information systems for customers in defence, government and public sector organisations.
You will be contracted out of the UK office to Belgium, however, you will enjoy an exceptional overseas international assignment package. Please call to find our more.
- Understand and deliver on complex customer requirements
- Applying a both conceptual and technical understanding of secure network configurations
- Identifying the best approach, tools and products for completing a task with the ability to justify these decisions
- Developing systems engineering artefacts and supporting the delivery and maintenance of system solutions
- Providing specialist technical support to the business unit, supporting the project and the wider programme
- Working vendors/resellers and other third parties in order to develop robust & costed solutions
The ideal candidate will:
- Be comfortable working on multiple systems engineering lifecycle phases
- Have an excellent working knowledge of network & systems infrastructure technologies
- Have experience of Data Management Systems and Integration
- Be aware of cyber security capabilities and understand enabling security lockdown controls to pass system accreditation
- Have proven experience with ArcSight or similar SIEM tools
- Have scripting experience with at least one of the following: Python, Bash and PowerShell
- Have previous Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems administration experience
The following skills are desirable:
- Experience of cyber security tools such as Nessus, SourceFire, Cisco, Palo Alto, McAfee is advantageous
- Experience of Splunk Enterprise system design and implementation is desirable
- Experience of working with virtualisation technologies
- Experience of common network protocols: (TCP/IP Networks DHCP/DNS)
Candidates must be currently eligible to live or work in the UK or EU to be considered for this position as we are unable to offer sponsorship.
If you possess these skills and meet the above criteria, please apply here, or for more information please call Kai direct on: 01273 855350, alternatively e-mail: [email protected]
Adeptis Group, the Global Leader in Cyber Security staffing.